- Who We Are
- What We Do
- About Child Abuse
- Annual Event
- Reading Room
- Your Visit to Mission Kids
Mission Kids is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization providing multi-disciplinary care to alleged victims of sexual and physical abuse. Mission Kids joins a nationwide network of child-focused care facilities designed in accordance with standards established by the National Children’s Alliance and the U.S. Department of Justice. Our ultimate goal is to provide a broad range of support services to child victims and their caregivers in an environment that encourages healing and facilitates better prosecution of alleged offenders. Mission Kids provides:
- A safe, child-sensitive place for young victims of child sexual abuse or serious physical abuse;
- Collaborative team investigation that reduces the number of interviews a child victim is subjected to during the initial investigative process;
- Coordination of prosecutors, law enforcement officials, social service and medical professionals specifically trained to support and protect children throughout the entire legal process and beyond.
- Appropriate referrals for child specific medical services designed to reduce the trauma associated with physical examination required in abuse cases;
- Appropriate referrals for therapeutic services for child victims and their families.
Copyright © 2008 Mission Kids. All Rights Reserved.