Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Board of Directors, the Development Director provides leadership and management for all of MK’s fundraising and marketing efforts. This position will plan, direct and implement a comprehensive development program that builds and expands philanthropic support for the work of MK. This position will supervise the Development & Outreach Manager, Grant Manager/Writer & Development Volunteers.
- Fund Development Plans: Develop and implement a one-year and three-year fund development plan that generates individual donors, and corporate and foundation donors for philanthropic support of MK.
- Lead strategies and research to identify, prioritize, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward all donors and prospects.
- The Annual Event:
- Implement the agency’s signature event, Mission Possible.
- Develop & work with the Mission Possible Committee on corporate sponsorships, ticket sales and auction; and
- Work with all vendors and in-kind sponsors to ensure successful event; and
- Create a plan for continued cultivation of MK sponsors, donors, and guests following the event.
- Corporate Giving:
- Implement working relationships and provide appropriate stewardship of existing corporate partners;
- Work with Board members to identify new corporate prospects and provide research to assist with the cultivation;
- Lead strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize, and steward all corporate prospects.
- Activate partnerships within partner corporations and visit partner corporations or host onsite tours to introduce Corporation partner employees to work of MK; and
- Track and manage renewal of partnerships each year and steward all corporate partnerships.
- Communication/Marketing/Public Relations Program:
- Develop, write, and continuously refine a case for support for overall agency and project-specific work;
- Work closely with PR Firm to maximize their work in public relations and advocacy;
- Oversee development of all agency publications and social media, including but not limited to, Annual Report, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, and the website;
- Serve as a representative of the organization at public forums/before public audiences as necessary and organize a speaker’s bureau among program staff for events, as needed; and
- Gather stories and statistics that demonstrate MK’s work to donors.
- Serve as back up media spokesperson in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Cultivation and Stewardship Events:
- Plan and implement cultivation and stewardship events like the Fall Open House, the Legislative Breakfast, and develop new corporate foundation events.
- Data Base Management:
- Supervise the Development and Outreach Manager in the management of the MK donor database, tracking of donors and prospects, donor research, and generation of reports.
- Foundation Fundraising:
- Supervise the work of the Grants Manager and work with him/her in identification and cultivation of foundation prospects.
- Work with the grant writer in determining the strategy for proposals to foundations.
- Supervise grant writer’s work on foundation research, an annual plan for grant submissions, letters of inquiry, grant writing, preparation of attachments, and grant reporting.
- Monitor calendar for foundation reports and obtain information necessary to complete reports and submit in accordance with foundation deadlines.
- Major Gifts/Planned Giving Program:
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify, cultivate, and provide appropriate stewardship for donors;
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects; and
- Design and implement stewardship events as appropriate.
- Provide Support, Supervision, and Evaluations for:
- Grant Manager
- Development and Outreach Manager
- Part-time Event Coordinator (contractor)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Special Skills and Experience:
- Four years plus experience with all aspects of fund development.
- Experience with requesting and attracting individual gifts at all levels and demonstrated success in meeting annual fund goals, development management, securing major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Proficiency in Word for Windows and Excel, PowerPoint and donor data base functions. Knowledge of eTapestry or Blackbaud platforms helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; presentation experience important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong public speaking skills preferred.
- The ability to establish strong and effective personal and professional relationships.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
- Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance required
- This position requires flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: jobs@MissionKidscac.org
Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring practices.