Current Employment Opportunities:
Family Advocate (Full-time)
Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims is seeking a full-time Family Advocate. The Family Advocate is a critical member of our multi-disciplinary team to help children and families to ensure they have a consistent and comprehensive network of support and services.
The Family Advocate position requires the following responsibilities:
• Assist victims in crisis, either in person or over the phone, using crisis intervention techniques while maintaining composure and professionalism;
• Effectively summarize information for victims in person and in written form;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with crime victims, social service organizations, law enforcement, District Attorney staff, county staff, and other community groups;
• Operate computer office software and other office equipment to maintain accurate and complete records; and
• Empathize and establish rapport with victims, communicate court procedures, and provide emotional support;
• Investigate and document restitution claims;
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Maintain accurate and complete records; and
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social services, psychology, criminal justice or related field and three years’ experience; Experience with child abuse/child sexual abuse a plus.
• Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances
• Bi-lingual a plus
Great Team: For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits: Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 Internships!
Mission Kids offers undergraduate internships in a variety of areas. These positions give students the opportunity to get practical experience in their field. If you are interested in an internship with our agency, please submit an application, along with your resume and cover letter detailing your interest area, and length of required internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested candidates should fill out the Intern Application: Mission Kids Intern Application
Please view our different internship opportunities here:
Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring practices.
Young Friends of Mission Kids:
Mission Kids is looking for Young Professionals, ages 21-40, to get involved with our organization’s ‘Young Friends of Mission Kids’ Committee. Ideal candidates should be committed to supporting the Child Advocacy Center’s mission through volunteerism, fundraising and community awareness.
For more information about the ‘Young Friends Committee,’ click view the full description HERE.
Interested candidates should contact Michelle McDyre at: email@example.com or 484-687-2990 ext.1016
Mission Kids is seeking new volunteers!
Our non-profit organization collaborates with volunteers for a variety of tasks including clerical, special event planning, along with outreach, prevention, and educational events in the community.
Interested volunteers should contact Michelle McDyre for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-687-2990 ext. 1016.