Current Employment Opportunities:
Full-Time Forensic Interviewer
Mission Kids is currently seeking a full-time Forensic Interviewer.
The Forensic Interviewer is responsible for conducting non-leading, child friendly, developmentally appropriate interview of children affected by sexual and physical abuse for Mission Kids. The Forensic Interview is also responsible for the facilitation and promotion of a team investigation approach of child abuse cases.
Essential Duties & Tasks:
- Interviewing children, as well as adults with disabilities, who have potentially been victimized or witnessed a crime or violence, following the National Child Advocacy Center’s (NCAC) protocol for interviewing children who are suspected victims of child abuse (sexual or physical) and witnesses of abuse or violence.
- Testify in civil and criminal court proceedings as required.
- Function as an effective member and facilitator of a multi-disciplinary team including law enforcement personnel, case workers, prosecutors, medical and mental health personnel
- Provide orientation to new multidisciplinary team members on the team approach to investigating or intervening in child abuse and ensure the multidisciplinary team members understand the importance and role of all multidisciplinary team members, including mental health and medical professionals.
- Conduct professional outreach, including trainings about mandated reporting, child abuse, and Mission Kids CAC
- Additional responsibilities include supporting the general day-to-day activities of the Children’s Advocacy Center, promoting and advocating for the programs offered through Missions Kids
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years’ experience in a field that would prepare the candidate for interviewing suspected victims of child physical or sexual abuse; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with victims of child sexual abuse, physical abuse and family violence.
The Full Job Description, including requirements is available.
CLICK HERE: Forensic Interviewer – Job Description
Please apply through Indeed. Click here: Forensic Interviewer Job Application via Indeed
Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring practices.
Young Friends of Mission Kids:
Mission Kids is looking for Young Professionals, ages 21-40, to get involved with our organization’s ‘Young Friends of Mission Kids’ Committee. Ideal candidates should be committed to supporting the Child Advocacy Center’s mission through volunteerism, fundraising and community awareness.
For more information about the ‘Young Friends Committee,’ click view the full description HERE.
Interested candidates should contact Michelle McDyre at: email@example.com or 484-687-2990 ext.1016
Mission Kids is seeking new volunteers!
Our non-profit organization collaborates with volunteers for a variety of tasks including clerical, special event planning, along with outreach, prevention, and educational events in the community.
Interested volunteers should contact Ruth James for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-687-2990.