Learn from experts in the fields of child abuse and animal maltreatment
as we explore the dangerous co-occurrence of child and animal maltreatment.
This webinar will offer 2 hours of CEUs and MPOETC CLEE credits.
2 credit hours of continuing education are provided through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh, School of Social Work, Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center; a Pennsylvania Pre-approved provider of social work continuing education.
These credit hours satisfy requirements for LSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT renewal.
Valerie Pritchett, co-anchor ABC27 News, will moderate a panel that includes:
- Assistant District Attorney Lauren Marvel, Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office
- Dr. Maria McColgan, M.D., MSEd, FAAP, Child Abuse Pediatrics Fellowship Director at The CARES Institute & Cooper University Health Care
- Melinda Merck, D.V.M., Veterinary Forensics Consulting, LLC
- Cathleen Palm, Center for Children’s Justice
- Corporal Michael J. Spada, Pennsylvania State Police
- Nikki Thompson, Chief Humane Society Police Officer for Bucks County
- Virginia Trea, Bucks County Children and Youth Social Service Agency
- Kristen Tullo, Pennsylvania State Director of the Humane Society
This webinar is ideal for professionals working in the fields of:
- Animal Protection
- Child Welfare and Protection
- Law Enforcement
- Mental Health
- Victim Services
This webinar is being co-sponsored by the following organizations:
- Center for Children’s Justice
- Humane Society of the United States
- Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County
- Network of Victim Assistance of Bucks County
- Pennsylvania Chapter of Children’s Advocacy Centers/MDITs
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
- Prevent Child Abuse Pennsylvania