Our mission is achieving healing and justice for victims of child abuse.
Mission Kids offers a comprehensive, centrally located, multidisciplinary team response to allegations of child abuse in a dedicated, child-friendly setting to achieve justice for child victims and promote their physical and emotional well-being.
Mission Kids provides neutral, fact-finding forensic interviews which are coordinated to avoid duplicative interviewing and support Montgomery County’s multidisciplinary team approach to child abuse investigation and intervention.
Mission Kids is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization providing multidisciplinary care to alleged victims of sexual and physical abuse. Mission Kids joins a nationwide network of child-focused care facilities designed in accordance with standards established by the National Children’s Alliance and the U.S. Department of Justice. Our ultimate goal is to provide a broad range of support services to child victims and their caregivers in an environment that encourages healing and facilitates better prosecution of alleged offenders. Mission Kids provides:
- A safe, child-sensitive place for young victims of child sexual abuse or serious physical abuse.
- Collaborative team investigation that reduces the number of interviews a child victim is subjected to during the initial investigative process.
- Coordination of prosecutors, law enforcement officials, social service and medical professionals specifically trained to support and protect children throughout the entire legal process and beyond.
- Appropriate referrals for child-specific medical services designed to reduce the trauma associated with physical examination required in abuse cases.
- Appropriate referrals for therapeutic services for child victims and their families.
Here’s what we accomplished in 2017: