This presentation is the result of a collaborative effort between Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, the Montgomery County Detective Bureau, Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center, and many of our multidisciplinary team partners.
ALL Montgomery County Law Enforcement professionals are encouraged to attend this virtual workshop to learn more about Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) and Child Sexual Abuse Materials (CSAM).
Learn about the laws related to these crimes, the prevalence, impact and updates to Montgomery County’s policies and procedures for handling these investigations as a result of the 2-year multidisciplinary team STOP Sex Trafficking Grant.
- Gain an understanding of the federal and PA state laws in place related to the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC);
- Learn about “Child Sexual Abuse Materials” (CSAM) and the scope of the problem, including the impact on the child victim;
- Examine the vulnerabilities and risk factors that make a child more susceptible to CSEC;
- Identify the red flags and indicators of CSE that children may present;
- Understand the methods of recruitment and conditioning used by perpetrators;
- Learn about the interconnection between prostitution and sex trafficking and increase your understanding about the need for demand-driven investigations and the use of discretion;
- Learn the appropriate steps to take if you suspect CSE and what resources you can utilize in your investigation to best support the child.
Detective, Upper Merion Police Department
External Affairs Manager, Mission Kids
Prevention Education Manager, Mission Kids
Questions? Contact Michelle McDyre at firstname.lastname@example.org.