Now Hiring: Community Prevention Educator
Mission Kids is Seeking a Community Prevention Educator
Make a Difference for Children. Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims. Mission Kids is a nonprofit organization with a drive to achieve healing and justice for victims of justice by providing collaborative services, advocacy, leadership and education.
Great Team. For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits. Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
We’re Hiring! Community Prevention Educator
Job Title: Community Prevention Educator
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000 – $49,000
Office Schedule: Typical office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm; requires nights and weekend availability along with flexibility in varying school schedules;
Work Location: Hybrid remote for office in East Norriton, PA 19401; requires regular travel to various locations throughout Montgomery County
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
The perfect candidate has the ability and passion to help raise community awareness and improve the response to child abuse, commercial sexual exploitation of children, child pornography and childhood trauma in Montgomery County. The Community Prevention Educator will deliver trainings to children, child-serving professionals, caregivers, and community members on child abuse and child abuse prevention strategies.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Serve as liaison for Montgomery County schools and youth-serving organizations seeking child abuse prevention education presentations, outreach activities and materials;
- Serve as the liaison for communities of faith, community groups, and businesses seeking child abuse presentations and/or speakers. Coordinate with other staff when appropriate;
- Assist in developing, marketing, implementing, and facilitating presentations and trainings. Assist in identifying key populations and groups to outreach to, promote, and schedule trainings and presentations;
- Present established curriculums, including “ROAR,” “Safe Touches,” “Child Safety Matters,” “Teen Safety Matters,” and “Mental Health Matters,” for youth ages 4-18 in elementary schools, secondary schools, youth groups, day cares, and other youth-serving organizations throughout Montgomery Count
- Present established curriculum (“Smarter Parents”) to adult caregivers of children ages 2-12 throughout Montgomery County both virtually and in-person;
- Facilitate established program (Darkness to Light’s “Stewards of Children” Training) for adults throughout Montgomery County, including parents, caregivers, teachers, community members and for adult professionals who work with youth;
- Present established curriculum (Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children and Human Trafficking) Trainings for social service providers, child welfare workers, law enforcement, prosecutors, medical professionals, education professionals, and other adults in the community;
- Present established Mandated Reporter training to adults in the community;
- Collect pre-tests, post-tests, and presenter evaluations from all education and prevention programs; enter data collected into database and assist in analyzing the findings;
- Represent agency, as assigned, at collaborative networks, task force meetings, community events, seminars, etc.;
- Represent Mission Kids at community fairs, conventions, meetings and speaking engagements and speak publicly about prevention education programs, Mission Kids and child abuse issues, which often take place on evenings and weekends;
- Set up informational displays and ensure that agency is represented at events related to youth and young adults;
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Prevention Education and Outreach, Director of Development, and Development and Outreach Coordinator when organizing community outreach;
- Complete at least (10) hours of professional development each year, including at least (4) hours of DEI/Racial Equity;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with education, child care, mental health, social work, community outreach or marketing, 2-3 years preferred;
- Experience with Public Speaking and the ability to effectively engage youth and adult audiences;
- Knowledge of child abuse issues and comfortability discussing child sexual abuse, body safety, and prevention techniques to both children and adults;
- Experience with online presentations via platforms like Zoom and/or Google Meets;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft SharePoint;
- Spanish speaking, strongly preferred;
- Experience with social media a plus;
- Experience with graphic design (Canva, Adobe, etc.) a plus;
- Experience with website management (WordPress) a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information; including responding appropriately and legally to disclosures of abuse
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions;
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow;
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels;
- Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances;
- Valid PA Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, social work, marketing, communications or related field
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal-opportunity employer.