Now Hiring: Family Advocate
Mission Kids is Seeking a Family Advocate
Make a Difference for Children. Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims. Mission Kids is a nonprofit organization with a drive to achieve healing and justice for victims of justice by providing collaborative services, advocacy, leadership and education.
Great Team. For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits. Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
We’re Hiring! Family Advocate
Job Title: Family Advocate
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000-45,000 per year
Office Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person in East Norriton, PA 19401
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Assist child victims and their family members in crisis, either in person or over the phone, using crisis intervention techniques while maintaining composure and professionalism;
- Effectively summarize information for victims in person and in written form;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with crime victims, social service organizations, law enforcement, District Attorney staff, county staff, and other community groups;
- Operate computer office software and other office equipment to maintain accurate and complete records; and
- Empathize and establish rapport with victims, communicate court procedures, and provide emotional support;
- Investigate and document restitution claims;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Maintain accurate and complete records;
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality; and
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social services, psychology, criminal justice or related field and three years’ experience; Experience with child abuse/child sexual abuse a plus.
- Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances
- Bi-lingual a plus
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal-opportunity employer.