Mission Kids is Seeking a Finance Associate (Part-Time)
Make a Difference for Children. Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims is seeking a full-time Forensic Interviewer. Mission Kids is a nonprofit organization with a drive to achieve healing and justice for victims of justice by providing collaborative services, advocacy, leadership and education.
Great Team. For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits. Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining records of financial transactions, preparing and submitting required financial reports, and assisting with other administrative duties as needed. Responsible for compiling financial data, managing bank accounts, preparing budgets, handling payroll and issuing invoices. Additionally, the Finance Associate may handle billing and collections, and assist in other financial tasks as needed. This position will report to the Finance Manager.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Responsible for tracking of financial transactions
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Keep the accounting filing system in order
- Oversee the business’ inventory and cash flow
- Manage petty cash fund
- Calculate budget variances and report any significant issues
- Pay suppliers and invoices on time
- Ensure the prompt collection of receivables
- Balance the financial books by reconciling them with bank statements
- Generate financial reports
- Provide the information to Finance Manager, and/or auditors need for their reports and audit
- Follow the standard accounting procedures and policies
- Ensure compliance with the local, state, and federal government’s reporting requirements
- Keep accurate record of financial transaction on a daily basis
- Verify incoming and outgoing financial transactions
- Handle payroll for employees
- Process account receivables and payables
- Others duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three years of working experience in bookkeeping or any related field
- Attention to detail
- The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility and initiative.
- Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance required
- This position requires flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or any other related field.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer.