Mission Kids is Seeking a Forensic Interviewer
Make a Difference for Children. Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims is seeking a full-time Forensic Interviewer. Mission Kids is a nonprofit organization with a drive to achieve healing and justice for victims of justice by providing collaborative services, advocacy, leadership and education.
Great Team. For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits. Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
The Forensic Interviewer is responsible for conducting non-leading, child-friendly, developmentally appropriate interview of children affected by sexual and physical abuse for Mission Kids. The Forensic Interview is also responsible for the facilitation and promotion of a team investigation approach of child abuse cases.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Interviewing children, as well as adults with disabilities, who have potentially been victimized or witnessed a crime or violence.
- Responsible for following the National Child Advocacy Center’s (NCAC) protocol for interviewing children who are suspected victims of child abuse (sexual or physical) and witnesses of abuse or violence.
- Testify in civil and criminal court proceedings as required.
- Function as an effective member and facilitator of a multidisciplinary team including law enforcement personnel, case workers, prosecutors, medical and mental health personnel.
- Facilitate monthly case review meetings with members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in Local, State and National Peer Review meetings on a bi-annual basis to give and receive feedback about Forensic Interviews.
- Participate in National Journal Club phone call to discuss the most up to date research within the field of Forensic Interviewing and Child Advocacy Center’s.
- Conduct professional outreach, including trainings about mandated reporting, child abuse, and Mission Kids CAC.
- Provide orientation to new multidisciplinary team members on the team approach to investigating or intervening in child abuse;
- Responsible for ensuring the multidisciplinary team members understand the importance and role of all multidisciplinary team members, including mental health and medical professionals.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting the general day-to-day activities of the Children’s Advocacy Center, promoting and advocating for the programs offered through Missions Kids
- Program writing support.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of child abuse and family violence;
- PC literacy including basic knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel, PowerPoint and data base functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; presentation experience helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Preferred training in nationally approved child sexual abuse interview model.
- Preferred experience testifying in court.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Able to travel over night to conference and training requirements.
- Must have valid driver’s license or ability to get to programs at various locations.
- Successful completion of background checks which include child abuse history, criminal history and FBI clearances, with no criminal history.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years experience in a field that would prepare the candidate for interviewing suspected victims of child physical or sexual abuse. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with victims of child sexual abuse, physical abuse and family violence.
- Good organizational and writing skills and the ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Capability to participate in community presentations and outreach programs.
- Ability to travel to attend and complete mandatory training and professional meetings.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer.